Production Pharmacy TechnicianLouisville, KY
At Medvantx, we deliver care that goes beyond the pharmacy. We offer our customers a better way to support their patients through innovative patient-centric pharmacy practices, nationwide dispense, and fulfillment services. For over two decades, we've been committed to enabling access to fast and affordable care. At Medvantx Pharmacy Services, you'll play a crucial role in our efforts to do just that.
At Medvantx, we give the opportunity for pharmaceutical manufacturers to reach their patients in faster and more efficient ways by streamlining delivery, minimizing costs, and enhancing the patient experience. The major function of the Production Pharmacy Technician is to provide efficient and accurate prescription services to our patients. Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, the Production Pharmacy Technician fulfills medication orders and prepares packages in a fast-paced production environment. The technician maintains consistent workflow in order to meet daily production goals and must work well with others to ensure medications are shipped in a timely, efficient manner.
- Fulfilling medication orders involving accurate product selection, quantity, and labeling.
- Preparing prescription orders for shipment, which requires appropriate packing materials and patient enclosures.
- Work in manifesting, which involves accurate selection and application of shipping labels to ensure packages are shipped accurately to the patients and providers.
- Constant and clear communication with the Pharmacist staff for assistance on any discrepancy or prescription clarification issues.
- Assist in additional areas in the production floor including labeling boxes, wrapping pallets, etc
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to policies and protocols.
- Perform final Quality Assurance check prior to sealing boxes
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs
- Check for outdated medicines
- Receive and store incoming supplies
Strong attention to detail, accuracy, time management, organization, dependability, and quality is required for this position.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 0-3 years of experience that is relevant to the role
- Basic math skills and general PC knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Willingness and ability to learn internal systems/processes as needed
Registration with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy
CPhT or completion of approved California Board of Pharmacy training program
The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds throughout the course of a shift without assistance (weight varies based on product). Lifts carries and /or pushes/pulls various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique. Operates all equipment necessary to do the job.
Ability to stand at a designated station for an extended period of time.
Medvantx Pharmacy Services helps pharmaceutical brands do more than just survive in an ever-changing marketplace – we help them thrive in it. Medvantx provides powerful and personalized support to pharmaceutical manufacturers, health care providers, and their patients. We service the specialty needs of pharmaceutical manufacturers by offering patient assistance programs and providing efficient intake solutions, nationwide dispense and fulfillment services, quality aftercare through counseling and customer service, safe and secure data handling, dependable inventory management and logistics, and insightful reporting and accounting. Serving more than 50 pharmaceutical manufacturers and managing more than $7.5 billion of prescriptions annually, Medvantx has been redefining pharmacy for over 20 years.
Medvantx is proud to have earned Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites® (VIPPS®) accreditation through the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®). Only 5% of online pharmacies meet the nationally endorsed standards of quality, safety, and security set by the NABP®.
Medvantx is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
AmeriPharm, Inc. and Vytal, LLC are wholly owned subsidiaries of Medvantx, Inc. a Delaware Corporation.