Associate Director, Supply ChainSioux Falls, SD
At Medvantx, we deliver care that goes beyond the pharmacy. We offer our customers a better way to support their patients through innovative patient-centric pharmacy practices, nationwide dispense, and fulfillment services. For over two decades, we've been committed to enabling access to fast and affordable care. At Medvantx Pharmacy Services, you'll play a crucial role in our efforts to do just that.
The Associate Director, Supply Chain is in charge of protocols, strategy and procedures related to the acquisition and readiness of inventory and equipment across the enterprise. A key goal of this role is to increase the speed and efficiency of supply operations so that revenue goals are met while continuing to provide outstanding, reliable service to customers.
Position will be based out of Sioux Falls with the flexibility to work from home (hybrid work environment).
This role will be responsible for:
- Supply Chain Planning and Strategy;
- Sourcing of raw materials or services;
- Manufacturing supplies and product efficiency;
- Delivery and logistics;
- Lead the Supply Chain Management and support the Pharmacy Operational Teams in a variety of capacities including Prcurement, Sourcing, and Inventory Management, across multiple sites throughout the US.
- Continuous pursuit of optimizing the Value/ Supply Chain through proven methodologies, innovative technology and agile transformation techniques.
- Drive automation and standardization within production workflows
- Optimize logistic capabilities leveraging data analytics, modeling and insights.
- Assist with the review and implementation of technology solutions.
- Participate in developing the strategy with respect to expansion capabilities and offerings.
- Train and mentor employees, including reinforcement of safety guidelines.
- Report accidents and injuries and ensure proper treatment protocols are met.
- Create supply chain management strategies that result in industry-leading efficiency, quality and speed.
- Collaborate with other departments to close operational gaps and enable process transformation.
- Balance safety, cost management and scaling to meet business growth.
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with suppliers and strategic partners.
- Collaborate within cross functional teams and enable all organizational stakeholders (internal and external).
- Design and transform the team organization structure and roles
- Promote Medvantx’s vision, mission and values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project Management, Enterprise Resource Management and Logistics
- Cost Accounting
- e-Business / e-Procurement systems and platforms (Implementation and management of ERP platform)
- Bachelor degreed required
- 7+ years or more of applicable experience.
- Familiarity with safety regulations, including those outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Understanding of procedural best practices in supply chain management
- Ability to lead, train and mentor employees individually and as a team
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience and application of: Six Sigma; Principles of TQM and or Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience and application of manufacturing automation.
- Possess the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Global awareness, sound business ethics, and a familiarity of legal contracts
- Certifications including CPSM, CPIM and CSCP are a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Medvantx Pharmacy Services helps pharmaceutical brands do more than just survive in an ever-changing marketplace – we help them thrive in it. Medvantx provides powerful and personalized support to pharmaceutical manufacturers, health care providers, and their patients. We service the specialty needs of pharmaceutical manufacturers by offering patient assistance programs and providing efficient intake solutions, nationwide dispense and fulfillment services, quality aftercare through counseling and customer service, safe and secure data handling, dependable inventory management and logistics, and insightful reporting and accounting. Serving more than 50 pharmaceutical manufacturers and managing more than $7.5 billion of prescriptions annually, Medvantx has been redefining pharmacy for over 20 years.
Medvantx is proud to have earned Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites® (VIPPS®) accreditation through the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®). Only 5% of online pharmacies meet the nationally endorsed standards of quality, safety, and security set by the NABP®.
Medvantx is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
AmeriPharm, Inc. and Vytal, LLC are wholly owned subsidiaries of Medvantx, Inc. a Delaware Corporation.